Everyone loves food. Looking at it. Smelling it. Taking pictures of it. Making it. Eating it. And of course, talking about it! Here are our favourite quotes on the very subject, curated by the Lalaview review team.
1. “Sometimes me think, ‘What is Friend?’ and then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” –Cookie Monster
2. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
3.“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring the soul to the recipe.” – Thomas Keller
5. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” – Alan D. Wolfet
6. “Laughter is brightest in the place where food is.” – Irish Proverb
7. “Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships.” – Winona LaDuke
8. “Food can be very transformational, and it can be more than just about a dish. That’s what happened to me when I first went to France. I fell in love. And if you fall in love, well, then everything is easy.” – Alice Waters
9. “Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” – Luciano Pavarotti
11. “The way you make an omelet reveals your character.” – Anthony Bourdaine
12. “Life is a combination of magic and pasta.” – Federico Fellini
13. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat… The people who give you their food give you their heart.” – Cesar Chavez
If you love food you will love all the great content you can find at Lalaview today. Be prepared to get hungry!